Friday, June 17, 2011

Settling In

One must first purchase bookshelves prior to moving an entire library into a new space...this is where I failed, and now I have stacks and stacks of books all over my new home with no place to go.  Now that I have been living there for a week, I am starting to wonder if I am subconsciously recreating my old Austin home here in Salem.  I moved to a small one bedroom home with no carpet, a tiny kitchen, and on a alley with a convenient store right down on the corner.  The only thing that is missing is the swimming pool.  And this go round I have Rupert, who is growing a food belly at an alarming rate.  It takes 7 minutes to jog to my mommy's house and have made nightly appearances around dinner time, coincidence...I think not.  The woman can cook all of a sudden!

It's still in the low 70's here, but sunny finally and should stay rain free for the duration of summer.  This time of year is why we live up here, the colors and the trees and the mountains and the glorious weather.

Off to the coast on Sunday for Father's Day, hope everyone has a great weekend! Love on some dads!

My humble abode...

No comments:

Post a Comment